Welcome to the Currituck County Department of Travel and Tourism’s Business Resource section. Please contact us at 252-435-2947 with any questions.
Event Marketing Assistance & Event Grants: Application & Guidelines
The Currituck County Department of Travel and Tourism offers two programs to assist Currituck County community groups, non-profit organizations, and tourism-related businesses in promoting and marketing tourism and culturally-related events, festivals and activities that will draw visitors and tourists to Currituck County.
Event Marketing Assistance Program:
Application and Guideline
Submit A Business
If you own or operate a business in Currituck County, we invite you to submit your business information to be included as a listing on our website, in our visitor guide, and in other tourism publications.
The Currituck MORE Card
The Currituck MORE Card Program is a local business program designed to offer specials and discounts to prospective customers (locals and visitors, alike) in an effort to help increase sales at participating shops, restaurants, accommodations, attractions and activities located in Currituck County. There is no charge for businesses to participate in the program and cards are available to the public at no cost. By signing up to participate, businesses agree to offer the stated discount, special or value for one year (January 1 through December 31).
Policy for Inclusion in Business Promotions
Currituck tourism-related businesses and organizations can be listed in the Department’s publications and the website if they meet predetermined requirements. Find out if your business or organization qualifies.
Need more assistance? The Currituck County Department of Travel and Tourism staff is here to help.
Tourism Advisory Board
The Currituck County Tourism Advisory Board advises the Tourism Development Authority, County Manager, and the Department of Travel and Tourism in the matters affecting tourism. Read the board’s minutes to find out about recent meetings. Announcements on future meetings are also posted here.
Travel & Tourism Reports
Take a closer look at Currituck County Department of Travel and Tourism reports detailing strategic goals and objectives, campaign results and research produced by the Tourism Department and its partners.
Destination Research Report
Please take a look at the most recent destination research report from 2022 to gain more insight into our destination’s visitors and key markets.
Explore 10 low to no-cost sustainable practices you can implement today. Going green is easy and can save you money by reducing electricity, water and trash bills. Consider these impactful tried-and-true tips for your tourism business, as outlined by Sustainable Travel International.
Currituck County Social Media Policy
Pages must include a disclaimer indicating that posted comments will be monitored and that the County reserves the right to restrict or remove, and archive with explanation, any comment that is:
• profane, obscene or pornographic language or content or links to such language or content;
• a solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale;
• in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns or ballot measures;
• an encouragement of illegal activity;
• defamatory or a personal attack;
• threatening to any person or organization;
• a violation of any federal, state or local law including, but not limited to, laws and policies regarding copyright, records retention, Freedom of Information Act, First Amendment, Public Records Act privacy laws, and policies established by the County.
• content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, parentage, marital status, medical condition, sexual identity, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
• concerning topics or issues not within the jurisdictional purview of the County.