The Tourism Advisory Board advises the Tourism Development Authority, County Manager, and the Department of Travel and Tourism in the matters affecting tourism. Please call (252) 435-2938 for information on meeting schedules and agendas. Please note that agendas for future meetings will be set one week prior to the meeting date.
Tourism Advisory Board Members
- Doug Brindley – Bridnley Beach Vacations
- Keith Dix – Keighlight Productions, Inc
- Sophie Bennewitz – Weephing Radish
- Ann Bell – Cotton Gin
- Todd Cartwright – Currituck Club
- Sharon Price – Always in Bloom
Tourism Development Authority Appointee
- Bob White: Commissioner
Ex-officio Staff Members
- Ben Stikeleather: County Manager
- Tameron Kugler: Director, Department of Travel & Tourism
This board consults with and advises the Tourism Development Authority, the County Manager, and the Department of Travel and Tourism in the matters affecting tourism: (a) the creation of a yearly County marketing plan; (b) the allocation of County occupancy tax; (c) the acceptance of any grant, gift, bequest or donation; (d) construction, equipping, operation, and maintenance of visitor centers; (e) advise in regard to other tourism facilities, recommend of tourism events.