Welcome To Currituck Outer Banks - Corolla, NC
Top requested pages: Free Visitor's Guide | Find a Vacation Rental Home | View Deals | Beach Driving Information
Tucked away where the paved road ends on Currituck's northern Outer Banks lies twelve miles of pristine beaches so remote that they're only accessible by four-wheel-drive vehicle. From Carova to Corolla, NC, you'll find nothing but sun, sand, secluded beach rental homes, and the legendary Corolla wild horses that have roamed our shores for almost 500 years. Recently voted the "#1 Favorite Beach from the US and Caribbean"* on Coastal Living's Daily Catch blog, visitors to Currituck's Outer Banks can choose to do as much or as little as they desire in this unspoiled coastal paradise.
If the open ocean and secluded family-friendly beaches what you are looking for, there's no better place to spend your vacation. Fodor's recently named us as one of the "Best Family Beaches on the East Coast", and US News & World Reports named the Outer Banks #1 in the "Best Family Beach Vacations in the USA". Our family-friendly beaches are enjoyed primarily for their seclusion, and feature miles of pristine four-wheel-drive shoreline and natural landscapes that draw a large amount of visitors each year. Visitors can choose from a variety of lodging options, including hotel rooms but primarily vacation rental homes from 2 to 24 rooms.
Activities & Attractions Highlights
- Northern Outer Banks beaches...Corolla to Carova, 24 miles of clean, family-friendly coastline
- Corolla Wild Horses...see the famous Spanish mustangs on a wild horse adventure tour
- Currituck Beach Lighthouse...shining its light, protecting ships since 1875
- Historical sites...Whalehead Club, Historic Corolla Village, Civil War markers
- Recreational activities...world-class fishing and golf, water sports, bird-watching
- Romantic escapes...quaint lodging, spectacular sunsets, vineyards
- Currituck sampling...North Carolina barbeque, local farm markets, oldest micro-brewery in North Carolina
- More family fun...Grave Digger Monster Truck, Outer Banks Center for Wildlife Education
Recognition for the Currituck Outer Banks:
- "#1 Favorite Beach in the US and Caribbean" (Carova Beach, Corolla NC - 2014) - Coastal Living RC
- "10 Under-The-Radar Beaches in the US" (Carova, NC - 2014, #1) - Fodor's
- "Best Family Beaches on the East Coast" (Corolla, NC - 2013) - Fodor's
- "America's Most Secluded Beaches" (Carova Beach, NC - 2011) - US News & World Report
- "Best Family Beach Vacations in the USA" (Outer Banks. NC - 2013, #1) - US News & World Report
- "Most Relaxing Beaches in the World" (Outer Banks, NC - 2013) - US News & World Reports
- "Top 10 Secluded Beaches" (Carova Beach, NC - 2010) - Yahoo! Travel
- "Best Places To Watch a Sunset in North America" (Outer Banks, NC - 2013, #5) - USA Today
Start planning your beach vacation today by requesting your free Currituck Outer Banks Visitor's Guide to Corolla, NC and Currituck Mainland.