We haven’t reached Black Friday yet, but gift ideas are circulating through social media. One such list of “clutter-free” suggestions includes the destination holiday as the perfect present. Indeed, Christmas and New Year’s spent in a beautiful beach vacation home in Corolla guarantees memories and family bonding. If you have considered visiting the Currituck Outer Banks this season, now is the time to book your beach house.
Bring along your stockings, too. A trip here is an amazing present for yourself and your loved ones, but you’ll find a number of shops still open through the fall and winter. Pick up a last-minute stocking stuffer or a gift for the family Secret Santa exchange when you explore the shops in and around Historic Corolla:
- Beef Jerky Experience (794-B Sunset Blvd Timbuck II Shopping Center, Corolla, NC 27927) – Find the perfect gift for the person who loves salty and savory snacks, and take extra back to your vacation rental.
- Birthday Suits (801 Ocean Trail, Corolla, NC 27927) – Corolla’s premier swimsuit boutique also sells Outer Banks t-shirts and other apparel. A great place to find a local souvenir.
- Cotton Gin (789 Sunset Blvd, Corolla, NC 27927) – No visit to Corolla is complete without a stop at this popular gift boutique. Find quality apparel, linen and quilts and unique treasures.
- Gray’s Outer Banks (790 Ocean Trail, Corolla, NC 27927) – An Outer Banks institution for over 60 years, Gray’s is the place to shop for OBX logoed apparel and sportswear and other gifts.
- Nags Head Hammocks (Timbuck II Shopping Village, 799 Sunset Blvd, Corolla, NC 27927) – These handcrafted rope hammocks are synonymous with our beaches. Bring the gift of relaxation home.
- Spry Creek (1122 Corolla Village Rd, Corolla, NC 27927) – Shopping for jewelry? Be sure to stop by this gem of a store. Find sea glass jewelry, candles, purses and bags and other gift ideas.
- Super Wings (818 Ocean Trail, Corolla, NC 27927) – Visitors come here for beach toys and the essentials, but it’s also a great place to find Corolla mementos for friends and family.
- The Cottage Shop (790 Sunset Blvd, Corolla, NC 27927) – Home accents, beachy decor and ocean fragrances are among the many gift ideas waiting for you at this quaint shop.
- Try My Nuts (9501 785 Sunset Blvd C, Corolla, NC 27927) – Look no further for savory and sweet treats to put in stockings and under the tree. Buy individual snacks or pick up a gift box for the whole house.
During your holiday stay in Corolla, gift yourself with the breathtaking sight of our pristine shores and the majestic Wild Mustangs. Several tour companies and 4×4 rentals operate through November and December, because these beautiful creatures do come out to play. Be sure to download the free Corolla OBX app while you’re here for more great suggestions for your holiday vacation.
Hours of operation for shops in Corolla are subject to change. Please contact individual stores or check their websites/social media for current times.