December 14, 2023
There is a chill in the air, and we all know what that means Winter is here and what better place to spend a cozy winter getaway than in Corolla, NC.
Winter holidays in Corolla and on the Currituck beaches are known for their beautiful skies and breathtaking ocean views. Our spacious beach homes provide the ideal setting for multi-generational gatherings, where children and grandparents bond and cousins become great friends. Pose for next year’s postcards in Historic Corolla with Whalehead or the Currituck Beach Lighthouse as your backdrop. The perfect family gift is making unforgettable memories that last a lifetime.
When you’re ready to eat, some of our local’s favorite restaurants remain open in the off-season to serve you.
Everyday Meals & Snacks
When you prefer someone else to handle the cooking, Corolla’s finest eateries have you covered. Download our free Currituck OBX app to stay updated on business hours and specials during your stay so you don’t miss out on your favorite meals.
The following restaurants are scheduled to stay open throughout the year. Check their websites and social media for any changes in hours of operation.
- Agave Roja (Closed for renovations but opening back up on Dec 26th, when open it will be open Thurs, Fri, and Sat)
- Bacchus Wine & Gourmet (closed Sundays & Mondays)
- Big Buck’s Ice Cream
- Butcher Block (closed Sundays, Hours 10am-5pm)
- Corolla Bowls
- Corolla Pizza & Deli (Closed on Sundays)
- First Light (Thurs-Sun)
- Hunt Club Tavern
- Juice Jar (closed Thursdays, Fri, Saturday, & Sunday)
- The Kind Cup Coffee & Art (closed Sundays, Hours 7:30am- 3pm)
- Mama Easley’s Grub Hut (Closed Sundays)
- Northern Outer Banks Brewing Co. (Open Saturday Only)
- Off the Wall Tap House (closed Wednesdays)
- Okinawa Sushi & Grill
- Sooey’s BBQ & Rib Shack – closes for the season on December 31
- Uncle Ike’s
- Weezy’s Ice Cream
Hungry for the Holidays
Will it be a traditional Christmas dinner or authentic Carolina cuisine on your table this year? This is the time to reserve your family Christmas feasts.
- BJ’s Carolina Cafe – BJ’s is offering amazing pick up options for your Christmas meal. Check out their website for more details or don’t hesitate to give them a call at 252-491-5222.
- Currituck BBQ Company – Currituck BBQ will help make your holiday meal complete when you order a smoked or fried turkey, smoked ham, and a variety of sides. See their Facebook page for the complete menu and call 252-453-6618 to place your order.
- Harris Teeter – Order ahead at the grocery store for all ingredients needed for the perfect holiday dinner. Choose the Corolla, NC location when you order online and take note of pickup times for Christmas.
- Outer Banks Boil Company – Craving a seafood boil for the holiday? Outer Banks Boil Company will be open for pickup orders December 27-January 1 for New Year’s orders. Check out their menu of signature boil pots and add-ons, plus Carolina BBQ and slaw! You can also call them at 252-453-6578 to order.
- Sooey’s BBQ – Order family style meals of pork and chicken BBQ, ribs, seafood and more for Christmas. See their website for current to-go and catering menus. (Closing December 31)
Whether you celebrate with a large family dinner in the comfort of your beach vacation rental or opt to dine out, you and your loved ones will find plenty here to satisfy your appetites. Download our visitors guide today and book your beach rental now for an unforgettable winter getaway!
*Photos from Unsplash