Maybe it’s happened to you. In the midst of planning Thanksgiving and Christmas, you begin thinking ahead to next year’s vacations. Where do you want to go, and how do you reserve accommodations and other activities? Thinking ahead to your next big trip can add excitement to your current holidays, especially if the next vacation is this year’s present to the family.
If you have considered coming to Corolla and the Currituck Outer Banks in 2024, why not start planning now? The anticipation of sunshine and beautiful ocean views, coupled with an extended stay in a luxury beach rental, can help keep you warm this winter.
The Early Birds Get the Best
The earlier you plan for your spring or summer break, the greater the chance of securing everything you want in a Corolla vacation. As reservations for the late spring and summer months fill, the bigger homes with the upscale amenities tend to book first. If you have a complete headcount of friends and relatives joining you on the beach, it’s important to reserve the dates you need in the beach home with the right number of rooms.
The same can be said for Wild Horse tours and other reservation-only attractions in Corolla and Currituck. Once you know when you are coming to visit, confirm your spots on the tours so you aren’t left behind.
Why Choose Corolla?
Corolla is part of the Outer Banks. We are located in Currituck County, which comprises the northern part of the region. There is much to see throughout the OBX on a summer vacation, but staying on the northern side in Corolla or on the Currituck beaches offers many advantages.
Only in Corolla will you see the Wild Mustangs playing in the dunes and on the shore. We are home to the Currituck Beach Lighthouse, which offers the best aerial view of the county, and our hiking trails provide endless opportunities for observing wildlife. Our beaches are less crowded than others on the Carolina coast owing to our location, too. Life moves at a leisurely pace in Corolla, so if you are seeking serenity away from home this summer we have what you need.
Get Ready for Spring, Or Summer
Once you have the dates in mind, booking your 2024 Corolla stay is as easy as these steps:
- Find the right accommodations. Search the local rental directories for the beach home with the rooms and features you want, close to town or in the 4×4 beaches.
- Reserve your Wild Horse tour. While 4×4 vehicles are allowed on the beaches, we recommend a guided tour led by experts who know where to find the horses any time of year. No Corolla trip is complete without seeing these beautiful creatures in person.
- Browse beach essentials. Local rental outlets have everything you need for the perfect beach vacation. Reserve umbrellas and chairs, bicycles, surfboards and more in advance so everything is ready for you when you arrive.
- Plan your adventures. Boat and jetski charters and tours of the Currituck Sound fill up quickly in the summer. Reserve your excursions so you can enjoy an unforgettable day on the water. If you want to visit any area attractions like H2OBX Waterpark or Corolla Adventure Park, get passes in advance.
- Prepare your appetite. Corolla restaurants offer the finest in local cuisine, from fresh seafood to Carolina BBQ to beach day treats. Also check out our county’s wine, beer and spirits trail.
- Be ready to shop. Set aside some money for souvenirs! Shop for beautiful local art and sea glass jewelry, wine and treats, and summer attire.
- Download the free Corolla OBX app. The app keeps visitors updated on events and local specials. Everything you need to make the most of a Currituck Outer Banks vacation is right there!
Still undecided? Check out our online visitors guide while you finish your holiday preparations. Let the serene shorelines and striking sunsets entice you to an unforgettable experience with your family next year.