Be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or late-night snacking, Corolla and the Currituck beaches are home to some of the best eateries in the Outer Banks. Whether you’re in the mood for elegant, candlelight dining or a quick bite to keep you energized for a day at the beach, your next favorite meal awaits you here.
When visitors come to our shores for the first time, many want to experience regional cuisine. Where do the locals eat? While one will find a number of familiar chain restaurants in Currituck County, we are proud to host several family-owned establishments that have served hungry guests for years. We could piece together an extensive menu of signature dishes to try on your next visit, but we are happy to touch on the top requests for food recommendations.
When it comes to Currituck cuisine, seafood is definitely the main event. Avid fishermen navigate the sound to catch their own, but if that’s not your style, don’t worry. Our favorite seafood restaurants feature fresh local catches from the sound and sea–crabs, flounder, trout, and more:
- Bluewater Seafood Market – 501 Old Stoney Rd, Corolla, NC 27927
- Coinjock Marina – 321 Waterlily Rd, Coinjock, NC 27923
- Frog Island Seafood – 3997 Caratoke Hwy, Barco, NC 27917
- Low Tide Bar & Grill – 520 Old Stoney Rd Unit H, Corolla, NC 27927
- Sun Fish Grill – 813 Ocean Trail #B, Corolla, NC 27927
- Find more delicious Currituck seafood!
Barbecue lovers can be particular about their sauces, and we admit we are partial to North Carolina style. Here, vinegar and spice-brushed pork is the primary meat served with the tomato-based sauce on the side, with or without slaw.
If you’re feeling homesick for other types of Q, no worries. Our favorite BBQ joints also serve up ribs, chicken, and specialties from other regions:
- BJ’s Carolina Cafe – 7069 Caratoke Hwy, Jarvisburg, NC 27947
- Corolla Village Barbecue – 1129 Corolla Village Rd, Corolla, NC 27927
- Currituck BBQ Company – 4467 Caratoke Hwy, Barco, NC 27917
- Fat Crabs Rib Company – 1159 Austin St #101a, Corolla, NC 27927
- Sooey’s BBQ and Rib Shack – 807 Ocean Trail # B, Corolla, NC 27927
- Find more great Currituck barbecue!
Burgers and Brew
How do you like your burgers, super rare or with a touch of pink in the middle? Ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, all the way? Nothing caps off a day at the beach like a thick, juicy hamburger with a side of French fries. Add a cold beer, bonus points if it’s an area microbrew, and you have the perfect summer meal. Try any of these hot spots the next time you crave a cheeseburger in our corner of paradise:
- First Light Breakfast & Burgers – 790 Ocean Trail, Corolla, NC 27927
- Off the Wall Taphouse – 603 Currituck Clubhouse Dr, Corolla, NC 27927
- Pass The Salt Cafe – 138 Courthouse Rd, Currituck, NC 27929
- Sundogs Raw Bar & Grill – 807 Ocean Trail M, Corolla, NC 27927
- Uncle Ike’s Sandbar & Grill – 1159 Austin Street #111AB, Corolla, NC 27927
Hoagies, subs, rolls, grinders or heroes… whatever you call it, the sandwich is king at lunchtime. Sandwiches are easy to pack for the beach, plus the variety allows everyone in the family to order their own. Choose your bread and fillings, pick up a bag of chips and soda, and dig in:
- Bacchus Wine and Beer Bistro – 01 Old Stoney Rd, Corolla, NC 27927
- Butcher Block – 807 Ocean Trail Unit E, Corolla, NC 27927
- Corolla PIzza and Deli – 1152 Ocean Trail, Corolla, NC 27927
- Lighthouse Bagels and Deli – 807 Ocean Trail, Corolla, NC 27927
- OBX Deli & Cheesesteaks – 1159 Austin St, Corolla, NC 27927
- Find more savory Currituck sandwiches!
Save room for dessert! Currituck’s many cafes, bakeries and sweet shops have everything to satisfy your sweet tooth. Ice cream is practically a food group in a beach town, and if you’re an early riser and craving a pastry with your morning coffee we have you covered:
- Corolla Cupcakes – 797 Sunset Blvd, Corolla, NC 27927
- Doppio – 798A Sunset Blvd, Corolla, NC 27927
- Duck Donuts – 603D Currituck Clubhouse Dr, Corolla, NC 27927
- Northern Lights Bakery – Light Town Center, 1159 Austin St #109A, Corolla, NC 27927
- Scoops – 1825 Shortcut Rd, Shawboro, NC 27973
- Outback Candy & The Sweet Sunflour – 6322 Caratoke Hwy, Grandy, NC 27939
For more recommendations on local culinary delights, be sure to browse our restaurants and eats directory, and download our free mobile app for local specials and other updates happening in our area this summer.