Whalehead Beach in Corolla, NC is a serene beach community on the Outer Banks of North Carolina that features large, beautiful vacation rental homes. Known for its nearby unspoiled beaches and close proximity to Corolla attractions, shopping and restaurants, visitors to Whalehead Beach enjoy its large lots and laid-back Southern family atmosphere. Located on three miles of secluded shoreline, this private beach community consists of three streets which run alongside the Atlantic Ocean. With convenient beach accesses on every block, beachgoers find it easy to make their way to a relaxing day of sun and fun on the Outer Banks.
Whalehead Beach Amenities
- Three miles of secluded beaches
- Beach accesses on every block
- 5 public beach parking lots (Shad, Sturgeon, Perch, Bonito, and Sailfish)
- Life guards at Shad Street and Bonito Street beaches
- Quiet streets for walking or biking
- Municipal water (most areas)