Almost 40 people attended the meeting as Chamber President Shannon Kinser gave the “State of the Chamber” annual report and handed out awards during the event held at The Bank of Currituck in Grandy.
During the luncheon several businesses and individuals were recognized for their work during the past year. The honorees included:
- Gena Martin, who was named Ambassador of the Year. Martin’s insurance agency also was named the Chamber’s “small” Small Business of the Year.
- Powell’s Roadside Market, which was named the “large” Small Business of the Year.
- The Pointe Golf Club/Keefer’s Bar & Grille, which was named Most Attractive Business.
- Wild Goose Rotary Club, which was named the Best nonprofit.
- The Bank of Currituck, which received an award for Community Service.
- David Blackman, a local pastor, who won the Exemplary Service Award.
Read the entire article at the Daily Advance.