What’s more fun than a vacation at the beach? How about staying in a cozy, clean beach vacation rental during your stay? The Outer Banks is known for its clean, beautiful shoreline and many ways to enjoy the surf and sand, and we look forward to greeting visitors every year and helping them find the right beach rental to suit their needs. Whether you’re bringing only the immediate family or have a reunion with aunts, uncles, and cousins in mind, renting a beach house for the week provides comfort for all, and it’s not as expensive as you would think.
When you have chosen your home away from home, bear in mind there are a few things to know that will help make your vacation to Currituck County memorable and fun.
1) Research your choices. No two beach homes are the same – some will come much larger than others and offer amenities not available in other rentals. Once you know for certain how many people are coming with you, research a home with the corresponding number of rooms and look for extras that appeal to you. If you want a nice balcony, hot tub, BBQ grill, and other perks, confirm everything in advance so you are not disappointed.
2) Check for pet policies. Many people prefer beach home rentals over hotels because of flexible pet policies. This does not mean, however, that dogs and cats are permitted in all vacation homes. If your four-footed family member is accompanying you, make sure the home you rent allows pets.
3) Scout area grocers and restaurants. With kitchen access, you’ll have the opportunity to cook some tasty meals. You’ll need food, of course, and you should research where your rental sits in relation to area grocery stores, specialty gourmet shops, and takeout restaurants. If you have certain dietary needs, you may want to bring groceries with you as well.
4) Check linens. Vacation homes typically have linens available to you, but you want to confirm this to be sure. If you have blankets or pillow with which you are more comfortable, bring them along for a good night’s sleep.
5) Know all emergency contacts. Give a friend or relative at home the address and available number of the rental home or the company handling the rentals. You should also know how to contact the home owner or agency in the event of an accident or damage.
When you come to the Outer Banks prepared, you are destined to enjoy a relaxing, fun stay with your family and friends in a luxurious beach home.