Beach season is approaching once again: that magical time of year when the days are longer, the sun is hotter and the air just tastes sweeter. Load up the family, pop in your favorite funky-fresh mix tape and cruise all the way down to the Currituck Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Even thought most cars don’t have cassette tape decks anymore, you can still do things old school this year for your Currituck Outer Banks vacation. Treat your vacation like the pre-digital age with a playlist of 90s road trip tunes (flannel shirts and acid-washed jeans are optional).
Once you teach the kids what’s up, they’ll start to understand that the Macarena was all that and a bag of chips.
Here are our top 25 picks for the best 90s road trip playlist in chronological order. Enjoy the blast from the past on your way to the Currituck Outer Banks!
- Can’t Touch This: MC Hammer, 1990
- Life Is A Highway: Tom Cochrane, 1991
- Mysterious Ways: U2, 1991
- Man On the Moon: REM, 1992
- No Rain: Blind Melon, 1992
- Two Princes: Spin Doctors, 1992
- All I Wanna Do: Sheryl Crow, 1993
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles): The Proclaimers, 1993
- The Sign: Ace of Base, 1993
- Waterfalls: TLC, 1994
- Macarena: Los Del Rio, 1994
- Wonderwall: Oasis, 1995
- Don’t Speak: No Doubt, 1995
- One Headlight: The Wallflowers, 1996
- Quit Playing Games: Backstreet Boys, 1996
- Wannabe: Spice Girls, 1997
- MMMBop: Hanson, 1997
- Walkin’ On The Sun: Smash Mouth, 1997
- Tub-Thumping: Chumbawamba, 1997
- One Week: The Barenaked Ladies, 1998
- Mr. Jones: Counting Crows, 1998
- Getting’ Jiggy Wit It: Fresh Prince/Will Smith, 1998
- Baby One More Time: Britney Spears, 1999
- Genie In a Bottle, Christina Aguilera, 1999
- Smooth: Santana Featuring Rob Thomas, 1999
Need some suggestions for excellent pit-stops on your way to the OBX? Check out our list for the best bathrooms, farm markets and shopping stops.